Thursday 13 January 2011

17...Artichokes and Lollipop Pom Poms

Scarecrow guarding an empty garden


What a week. Gales most days, grey and rainy. The thing about living in the middle of such a large garden is that you always notice the weather. The house rattles and bangs at night and after such a long christmas holiday, getting up to the studio before 9am has been a struggle. The garden sits waiting for the new season to start but meantime I still have leeks and Calva Nero in the beds to provide fresh veg.

Back in the studio I realise that as usual all the spring shows are looming and I won't have nearly enough time to make everything that I would like. So, to get myself going I make a batch of little Artichokes,


started with six and broke two. Then spent the rest of the week making Lollipop Pom Poms which means hollowing out dozens of little clay balls.

Then attaching each one, one by one onto the thrown internal form. Thank goodness for the dulcet tones of Radio 4 or I think I would go insane. However it's going to take a whole box of tissues to get through the Archers this week.

Next show up is the Affordable Art Fair in March which is held at Battersea where I shall be showing with Four Walls gallery.



www.four-walls.co.uk

www.affordableartfair.com

No comments:

Post a Comment