Sunday 26 September 2010

3...A gallery of tiles


When people come to visit, they are always facsinated by the studio, I think most people enjoy playing with clay given half a chance, and it's fun watching them create something lovely. So this year I decided to create a gallery of tiles from all the friends that come to stay as a record of their visit. It will be interesting too to see how the childrens tiles change every year.

Jane Denman....Ballet dancer
This lovely tile was made by my friend Jane (link to her website on the right). She has been working with dancers for the last year or so to create a body of work based on different types of dance. I like the way the dancers legs kick right off the tile.




Mika, Erin and Kiku


These tiles were made by three lovely girls who used every colour I had. I like to see them all hanging together, they make me feel happy.



Karla and Hannah
These two tiles were made by my friend Karla and my goddaughter Hannah. Hannah's tile is called 'Fish and Chips', the four blue balls running along the tile are the peas!



Rex Matthews

Jude Matthews

Harriet Matthews

Charlotte Matthews
These four tiles were all by the Matthews family...all are artists as you can see and very competetive too! They have rather raised the bar. Charlotte couldn't believe the size of the snails that we get in the garden over here, and that they are eaten....she wouldn't let us cook one for her though!

I think it's amazing what lovely ideas people will come up with and how much can be put onto a 4" tile. Next week I'm thinking of setting up a stall at the market ....wonder how much I'll get for them?    Only kidding guys!

2 comments:

  1. Wait until I tell Erin that her art work was 'up in lights' by the time she was 4!! They look great - am aleady trying to find ideas for my next visit... Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran. Hey this is just tooo good! My first reaction is that you will never keep it up. SIGH. These first posts are very interesting and full of pictures. Please keep adding small manageable bits about your smashing house and super ceramics and your exhibitions. Don't overdo it. But please please please keep it up. Cheers, Colin.

    ReplyDelete