Tuesday 16 November 2010

11...Being put back together



Throwing and turning clay into large sculptures is a very physical business, and the strange position that one adopts when sitting at the wheel can lead to lots of problems with posture and muscles. Carpel Tunnel is also a very common problem with potters and is something that I have been plagued with for a while. So, this weekend I went off with my partner to Fistral Bay near Newquay for a weekend of yoga, massage and general realigning of my skeleton.

View from Hotel window

To my shame I have never been down to Cornwall before, and we couldn't have asked for a better view of it than from our bedroom window.

Surfers at sunrise

This whole area seems to be surfer city. They were in the water from sun up to sun down...this pic was taken at 6.45 am and there were already three in the surf. This being mid november, I can't imagine what it is like in summer.

Add caption
This rainbow hung across the bay most of the weekend even when it was sunny and there was barely a cloud in the sky.  Anyway, after much yoga, swimming, massage and sitting around in steam rooms, I shall be back to my studio tomorrow, trying not to to twist myself up into knots again.

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing view! no wonder you had a great time there. I hope your shoulders and hands are feelong better M xxxx

    ReplyDelete