Tuesday 9 November 2010

10...Rosehips and Purple skies

Evening sky from studio
This week in Normandie, as in most of Britain, we have been cowering under the autumnal onslaught of rain and gales. One evening earlier in the week there was a brief respite around sundown and the sky was washed with purple and golden clouds.....lovely.  Rather than listen to the weather news I tune into the shipping forecast and see what is going to be happening in Dover/White, it is somehow easier to listen to, and retain the information...and terribly romantic.


Starting a Rosehip
At this time of year there are always lots of big, fat, juicy rosehips around. Another year I might be tempted to make some rosehip syrup (although it looks like a fiddle), but I am still up to my elbows in apples and quince. So, I decided to use them as inspiration for a new sculpture. This one is based on a sweet chestnut rose and I still haven't quite decided on how to glaze it although I'm thinking that a lime green and reddish glaze might work quite well.



Rig at Newhaven
Coming back last week I noticed this rig which has suddenly popped up in Newhaven harbour. Anyone know what its for?

No comments:

Post a Comment