Monday 9 May 2011

33...Phew..The Brighton Festival commences!

Blue Angel at the Preston Park Tavern

Well after all the preparations, cleaning, re decorating and hiding general clutter, the house was finally ready to open on saturday morning. I had commited to 4 venues in the festival this year before I knew I had got into Chelsea flower show so I have had to be super organised, and luckily have had much help from my best mate Jane.

She is showing her new dancing pictures............

..................as well as her ever popular botanical ones. This particular picture is a metre long, so summery, and I shall miss it when it leaves my wall.


Showing downstairs with me is Ralph Hinton who has produced the most beautiful wall hangings, designed as part costumes, inspired by poetry and plays. There is even one inspired by the Marquis de Sade!















Ring o Roses vase
Continuing on what seems to be a floral theme this year, I have made some vases that do all the arranging for you. Just pop in some blooms and hey presto, a centre piece.


I cycled back to France this morning with a rather thick head.......seven private views this weekend including my own last night. But the seedlings have to be attended to. The trouble is the sparkling wine.......I'm just a girl who can't say no.

Jane Denman and Lucy Parker
Me, Kev Doherty and Philip Dunn
3 degenerates on the sofa
and 3 more lurking outside
Great weekend though, and if you haven't been to see us yet, do come along on one of the next 3 weekends. We are No 16 in the Fiveways artists trail.  Oh and by the way, if you particulaly like ceramics, I would highly recommend The Ceramic House showing in Stanmer Villas....a brilliant installation by Kay Aplin and ceramicist friends.


I have now gone to a new blog at http://theceramicgardener.com    please come and see me over there!

3 comments:

  1. Blue Angel is looking good, really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Fran, I am always impressed with your super organising skill within your mega busy life! Hope you are keeping well xxx
    I love your sculpture in the tavern and Janes paintings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete