Wednesday 25 May 2011

37...Day 2 and 3 at Chelsea

It is incredible the amount of people that come through in a day. Chelsea sell 157,000 tickets for the week, and this year they sold out in 16 days. This is when we realise we could have done with a bigger stand, and if we do it again we shall certainly have to go up a size, but in the meantime we work with what we have. Its the bags that are a problem....especially for my work!
We have talked to hundreds of people and it's good to be getting our work seen by a larger audience...but we're certainly being put through our paces, and we have to keep going with the aid of the odd glass of Pimms secreted in our cupboard.

Dermuid Gavins flying garden

This seems to be the garden of the show. It has been based on Avatar I think, and Dermuid is to be seen around on his garden a lot of the time...at one point in a leather shirt. Working it for the ladies.
My favourite garden so far is the Sky Shades garden.It is a wild garden with little paths running through, and reminds me of my garden in France minus the nettles and brambles. I can't get near enough to get a good pic of it yet but I'm working on it.

one from a collection of flowery jockeys jackets

It is the Pavilion however which keeps drawing me back, I spot something new every time I go in there, and there is more room to see.

I adore these Mecanopsis, and this year they have a new purply blue one....stunning!


I also spotted these fab seed pods, and have got my name on the top one for the saturday sell off. I'm getting new ideas for sculpture forms all the time.

Chelsea ladies

Meanwhile the fashion parade continues, and these ladies fluttered by this afternoon, twittering and cheeping like a flock of exotic birds.


........and this was the best hair accessory of the day!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your pots that are inspired by the show's exhibits! Glad it's going so well for you all.

    ReplyDelete