Tuesday 3 May 2011

32...Geting ready and a sneak preview

This week in Brighton there will be literally hundreds of houses frantically working towards opening their doors to the public on saturday morning. This means that on top of finishing off paintings, final firings, polishing jewellery, mounting prints and all the other things that must be done to get the work ready....the houses have to be spring cleaned too. This is a blessing and a curse. It does mean however that once it is all done you can live in what is effectively a show home for a month. I always think to myself that this is how I am going to keep it for the rest of the year...this resolution lasts for up to two days after the end of the festival.

Grinding rods

In my house, as probably in many of the others, preparations are well under way and the house is a tip! I have chainsawed all my wood, and ground all my rods, but am still busy assembling and delivering my sculptures to the various venues around town. One of my artists has hung all her work and is ready (thank you Jane) the others like me are still finishing their work.



One of my artists, Ralph Hinton, is making some beautiful pieces to go on the wall. He is inspired by poetry, Shakespeare and costume and has sent me a sneak preview of some of the work he has created.

Come along and have a look at his and my work along with:

Jane Denman (website address on the right)
Kissy Suzuki  www.kissysuzuki.com
Julie Tucker Willams  www.julietuckerwilliams.co.uk

We are house No. 16 on the Fiveways Artists Trail   www.fivewaysartists.com

See you there!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got the wood sorted out !!
    Best of luck with the open house.

    love
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shirley...I can't imagine I'll be ready by saturday...you should see the state of the house! Fxx

    ReplyDelete