Sunday 26 June 2011

43...Sculpture Trail at Sussex Prairie Gardens

View from studio window, summer solstice
This week I have had to leave my rose laden garden and pop back to Brighton. Midsummer day arrived and as usual was chilly and overcast, but as if on cue, the summer has arrived again today with a bang and everyone has gone floppy with the dramatic rise in temperature.

The Bishops Pom Pom
Yesterday I set my sculpture trail up at the Sussex Prairie Gardens  www.sussexprairies.co.uk.
The planting is amazing and my work look great nestled in amongst the flowers.
Bells of Ireland
The work is going to be on show all summer long until their Unusual Plant and Art Fair in september.

Picardie Poppies
There is also a tea room with a lovely courtyard and the best home made cake, plus the poshest birdboxes this side of Miami! Do pop along and check it out if you get a chance. They are very welcoming, and its a great place to take a picnic and hang out for the afternoon.


These are just some of the extraordinary flowers they have en masse up there.


On Friday I was back at Hoddern primary school. This year we are making ceramic mobiles with a South African theme.

We had made the double sided plants and animals two weeks previously, and this workshop was to paint the colours on and glaze them. They will all be strung from clouds which I shall make from thrown ceramic bowls once I get back into my studio, then they will be hung from the trees in their school garden.

A friend posted this on facebook Saturday night and it had us dancing around our living room. I couldn't resist passing on the link!   Watch it full screen with the sound turned up.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C5-ClvcHtK4

No comments:

Post a Comment